Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Goodly scarf, a baby on the way, and confessions of a midnight snacker.


The Goodly Scarf

Nanna's beautiful scarf is finally finished. After having sweet little Stelly take it off the needles (on mothers day no less) I couldn't stand to look at it for a couple weeks.

 I left it in a little pile on my bedside table, needle still out of the stitches. Poor little stitches. Just hanging there. 

For 2 weeks I would walk by it and think to myself " oh, I need to get that back on the needle. It won't be so bad." 

Sure enough it only took me a few minutes to get every stitch back in it's place and I finished the few rows of the last repeat and SHAZAM! I was done with the length. 

Added the beaded border rows and it was ready for blocking. Here is a blocking photo. I need to get some finished pics on a model and I will update it. I will finish writing the pattern so I can put it up on ravelry.


So, our sweet Georgia has been acting strange yesterday and today. I am not sure but I think we might be getting close to baby time? I am going to call her previous owner tomorrow for a little more info.

 I have never done this before..... LOL..... Well, goats anyway. I am a little nervous.

 I got a birthing kit together tonight and have stored it down at the barn. I need to add some iodine and betadine scrub to it tomorrow. Oh, and either some chocolate or a 5th of Jack for me.

I have the midnight munchies (as always) because I waited all day to eat. Not a single crumb of junk food in the house and I want to save the milk to make the kids raspberry pancakes in the morning so NO bowl of cereal in bed tonight! Urgh!

So I grab the saltine crackers and the jar of Nutella. OH man, I can't believe I hadn't tried this stuff before. It's soooo yummy. The sweet with the salty is awesome. New bedtime favorite. You HAVE to try it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment